Fire Department Job in Newark, New Jersey : NJ
Looking for Fire Department Jobs? See currently available Fire Department job openings on fire-department.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
fire-department.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any fire department job . We provide job resources for Fire Department positions throughout the industry. fire-department.jobs.net also provides Fire Department jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Fire Department by either city or state.
fire-department.jobs.net is a fire department job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Fire Department jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your fire department job search on fire-department.jobs.net today.
Fire Alarm / Sprinkler Inspector Apprentice, New Jersey
Fire Alarm / Sprinkler Inspector Apprentice, New Jersey Job Description
Flexible Location! This job can be located anywhere in NEW JERSEY near a major airport!
As a Field Inspector Apprentice you have a great opportunity to get into the fire alarm and sprinkler testing field. We are looking for people that have a strong technical aptitude and want to use this as a stepping stone to a great career and purpose, saving lives and property. Under direction of a Field Inspector I, II, III or IV, the Field Inspector Apprentice must be able to apply common sense understanding to assist and carry out Fire sprinkler, alarm and pump testing through instructions furnished in written or oral form, for assigned customer locations. Will require excellent verbal/written communication and composure skills while effectively communicating with customers, building and jurisdiction officials, inspectors and management personnel.
As a Telgian Field Inspector Apprentice, you will:
- Ensure Safety is Job#1. Adheres to all company policies, procedures and Environmental Health & Safety standards.
- Assist with fire alarm and sprinkler system tests and surveys by posing at command center/fire alarm control panel and verify signals and communicate signals to Field Inspector assigned to job.
- Assist Field Inspectors with Fire Pump test by collecting water flow data and communicate data to Field Inspector to be entered into Mobiliti.
- Interfaces with external customers ensuring safe working environment and proper notification of audible alarms.
- Maintain test equipment in good working order and make requests for replacement or acquisition of damaged or non-issued tools.
To set you up for success, you will get started in your new role by attending Telgians exclusive Field Inspector Training (FIT) program followed by job-shadowing one of your fellow inspectors and regular interactions with the Regional Field Supervisor. Telgian will provide all of the necessary tools to set you up for success including: computer, tablet, phone, printer, etc. We will even provide a clothing and shoe allowance along with many other perks.
Your Compensation and Benefits
At Telgian, we are proud to offer a unique, professional work environment where we consider all of our associates to be part of our family. We provide a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package with market leading (low!) health-care costs, and a place to advance your career. More importantly as a values driven organization, at Telgian you will be treated with dignity while having fun in your work!
About Our Company
Telgian Corporation is a worldwide provider of comprehensive fire, security, and life safety services. Headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, Telgian provides service throughout the U.S., Canada and Mexico. Telgian offers expertise for consulting, inspections, engineering, and design of fire alarms, sprinkler systems, suppression systems, security alarms and life safety programs. We provide our clients a single-source solution for all of their fire protection and life safety needs. Our client base includes top retail chains, commercial building owners, healthcare companies, restaurants and food service, hospitality and insurance companies. We partner with architects, contractors, heavy manufacturers, industrial and commercial corporations, fire and building departments and facility managers to design a system based on our clients requirements and specifications.
Newark Fire Department Job
Fire Alarm / Sprinkler Inspector Apprentice, New Jersey Job Requirements
At Telgian, we are looking for high performance Field Inspectors Apprentices to drive Telgians mission to save lives and property in partnership with our customers. To achieve this, you will bring the following qualifications to the table:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Able to test and pass necessary certifications/state tests in sprinkler and alarm inspection; dependent on region
- Past experience in a technical field, preferred
- Must be available for regular travel, including out of town, during the week.
The physical requirements are consistent with light manual field labor and include regular:
- Standing, walking, turning, bending and twisting;
- Climbing (ladders); kneeling and crawling (to access tight spaces);
- Lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs; pushing up to 100lbs;
- Sitting for long periods of time, including driving and/or flying;
- Use of hands/dexterity (grasping, handling, fingering); hand-eye and foot-hand-eye coordination;
- Visual acuity, depth perception (consistent with driving requirements and close-up work).
The work environment is at customer locations for industries ranging from office or retail establishments, warehousing, hotels, healthcare facilities, and manufacturing or industrial facilities, etc. Typical working conditions may include:
- Primarily moderate, temperature-controlled (inside), with some outside work performed on the periphery of the location;
- Noise levels may range from 70-90 db (and higher on a limited basis);
- Work may be performed in public access areas as well as limited access areas including machinery and pump rooms;
- Moving hazards may include lift trucks and other moving machinery at the customer location;
- Noxious fumes may be experienced on a very limited basis.