Fire Department Job in Las Vegas, Nevada : NV 89119
Looking for Fire Department Jobs? See currently available Fire Department job openings on fire-department.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
fire-department.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any fire department job . We provide job resources for Fire Department positions throughout the industry. fire-department.jobs.net also provides Fire Department jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Fire Department by either city or state.
fire-department.jobs.net is a fire department job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Fire Department jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your fire department job search on fire-department.jobs.net today.
Facilities Manager (Mandalay Bay)
Facilities Manager (Mandalay Bay) Job DescriptionGrade:
The Facilities Manager for ZMP (Zone Maintenance Plan) ensures routine to complex maintenance and repair work is performed on all equipment and systems within the facilities, and ensures all functional duties are accomplished in accordance with established guidelines/standards.
- Supervises assigned operational functions within the department to include prioritizing work load to staffing resources, meeting budgetary guidelines, ordering and maintaining stock items, specialty parts, and special project needs.
- Supervises assigned staff to include: hiring recommendations that encompass the company’s diversity commitment, training, coaching, performance feedback, administering discipline, and scheduling.
- Creates a work environment that promotes teamwork, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction.
- Works closely in mentoring/coaching Central Plant Engineers in additional tasks/responsibilities to optimize advancement opportunities available for subordinate staff.
- Provides ideas and suggestions for new products, services, technology and processes to ensure Mandalay Bay’s competitive position and anticipation of changing customer needs within the dynamic hospitality and gaming environment.
- Conducts employee briefings prior to the start/end of a shift for the purpose of making job assignments and discussing any problems or concerns.
- Conducts periodic employee briefings for assigned shifts to review and discuss policies and procedures, address problems and concerns, and builds sense of teamwork within the shift structure.
- Trains employees, as necessary, to ensure departmental standards are met.
- Advises supervisor/management of discrepancies and potential security problems.
- Maintains constant awareness of safety and accident prevention.
- Ensures all equipment and work areas are kept clean/clear of any safety hazards.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationship with all departments within Mandalay Bay.
- Performs assigned duties during emergencies. Ability to work under pressure, or in an emergency, in a calm and rational manner.
- Works under minimal supervision, completing assigned tasks in a timely fashion.
- Reviews, plans, and coordinates all job assignments, sets work priorities, makes cost-effective assignment decisions, and ensures the completion of projects in a timely, efficient, and effective manner, in accordance with all established guidelines/standards of the department.
- Oversees completion of detailed tasks designed to enhance the life of equipment and assets as related to the facility.
- Empowers employees to provide premier service to guests. Ensures teamwork and interdepartmental approach to meeting guest service/quality expectations.
- Works closely in mentoring/coaching all Lead positions in additional tasks/responsibilities to optimize advancement opportunities available for subordinate staff.
- Ensures employees are properly trained and follow established safety standards by conducting periodic in-services on equipment, safety issues, policies, and procedures.
- Conducts periodic inspections of all equipment/tools necessary to perform job duties.
- Assesses the age, condition, and useful life of major tools and equipment to determine purchasing needs for both operational and capital requests.
- Completes assigned administrative tasks on a consistent basis, and within established timelines.
- Ensures safety and compliance with Health Department, OSHA, and other regulatory agencies standards, regulations, and codes.
- Performs all other duties as requested.
- At least 5 years of experience working in skilled craft-related positions, preferably in a Casino/Resort environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both in person and telephonically, when dealing with management, employees, and guests.
- Ability to read and evaluate written material.
- Ability to establish, and maintain, an effective working relationship with fellow employees.
- Working knowledge of fire and safety systems.
- Possess extensive knowledge of repair and preventative maintenance of facilities equipment to include kitchen equipment, gas, steam, electrical, plumbing, perception and awareness of the Hotel’s maintenance goals and policies.
- General knowledge of mathematical skills such as; addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Excellent customer skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skill to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both in written and oral form.
- Working knowledge of computer software to include MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and/or equivalent.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
Las Vegas Fire Department Job