Fire Department Job in Seattle, Washington : WA
Looking for Fire Department Jobs? See currently available Fire Department job openings on fire-department.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
fire-department.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any fire department job . We provide job resources for Fire Department positions throughout the industry. fire-department.jobs.net also provides Fire Department jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Fire Department by either city or state.
fire-department.jobs.net is a fire department job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Fire Department jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your fire department job search on fire-department.jobs.net today.
Lead Fire Sprinkler Designer
Lead Fire Sprinkler Designer Job Description
At McKinstry, we’re proud to be a collective group of innovators and problem solvers, builders and engineers, mentors and students. We strive to create an engaging work environment that empowers you to do the work you are passionate about.
We believe deeply that energy and facility services, engineering and construction are revolutionizing the built environment – and if you’re driven by our mission to transform ideas into meaningful relationships and together, build a thriving planet, McKinstry may be the place for you.
Total collaboration and a diverse, employee-centric work experience are what we can provide you. Integrated delivery and true consultative partnership is what you will help us provide for our clients. Our culture is what differentiates us and because of this, we seek exceptional talent that believes what we believe .
Here's where you come in:
We are currently seeking a Fire Sprinkler Designer III to join the team as a member of our growing Fire Protection division.
You're great at:
- Reads and interprets construction documents that include drawings, specifications, and contracts and actively participates with pre-planning the overall fire sprinkler system design approach.
- Designs and lays out fire sprinkler systems for complex buildings utilizing CAD and/or AutoSprink software. Adheres to NFPA, FM Global, local and other national codes as appropriate.
- Actively participates in the coordination of new projects that often requires analytical thinking to solve unique and complex fire protection situations.
- Coordinates with other trades or internal McKinstry teams as necessary. Field surveys assigned project when needed.
- Participates in the design start and periodic project team updates for projects.
- Works with project managers and/or foreman to develop field prints and fabrication details. Supports the team with technical information as needed.
- Participates in the BIM/CAD environment and maintains all related fire sprinkler supporting documents.
- Develops and promotes practices to improve production efficiency and effectiveness of the designated BIM/CAD software platform used by providing comments and updates to standards.
- Performs hydraulic and seismic bracing calculations. Includes both manual methods as well as with packaged software.
- Selects material and completes stock lists throughout the project.
- Takes the initiative to further develop drafting, modeling, and design skills.
- Develops positive working relationships with all internal and external team members assigned to your projects.
- Ability to manage multiple design projects simultaneously depending on the complexity of scope.
What we would like to see from you:
- Fire sprinkler layout and design experience; a minimum of seven (7) years.
- NICET III Certification or higher preferred.
- Engineering Degree or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to read blue prints, schematics, drawings, specifications and technical material.
- Knowledge of applicable codes.
- Knowledge of building systems and applications required.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD-based products; AutoSprink experience strongly preferred; Revit and Navisworks experience preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of the Microsoft Suite, Word, Excel and Outlook required.
- Project Management experience preferred.
- People Management experience preferred.
The McKinstry group of companies are equal opportunity employers. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, race, color, creed, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.
Seattle Fire Department Job